It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa TerKeurstRegular price $25.99 Sale price $17.99 Save $8.00
*With your purchase of this book, you will receive a designed quote from the book and a free PDF, "9 Scriptures for Surviving the Times When God Seems Silent."
What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment, and discover how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's Truth.
Whether we're dealing with daily disappointments or life-altering loss, we can find unexpected strength as we learn what it is to wrestle well between our faith and our feelings.