Get Out of Your Head Study Guide: A Study in PhilippiansRegular price $14.99
Shipping calculated at checkout.
Are your thoughts holding you captive? I’ll never be good enough. Other people have better lives than I do. God couldn’t really love me.
The visionary behind the million-strong IF:Gathering, Jennie Allen, challenges you to exercise your God-given power to shift negative thinking patterns and take back control of your thoughts and emotions.
In Get Out of Your Head, Jennie gives us tools from the book of Philippians to stop the spiral of toxic thoughts, and transform our emotions, our outlook, and even our circumstances, by taking control of our minds. We can find freedom from the downward spiral by:
- Taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ
- Shifting the focus of our minds from our circumstances to God
- Fighting toxic thoughts with weapons of humility, silence, and delight
- Escaping our comfort zones with weapons of connection, intentionality and gratitude
- Learning to forget what's behind so we can move ahead
- Defeating anxiety with a mind like Christ's
Our enemy is determined to get in our heads to make us feel helpless, overwhelmed, and incapable of making a difference for the kingdom of God. But, as the book of Philippians tells us, freedom starts in your head. And from there, the possibilities are endless.
The Get Out of Your Head Study Guide uses projects, stories, and Bible study in the book of Philippians to engage the mind and heart.
- Introduction: Spiraling Out
- Make the Shift
- Weapons We Use, Part I
- Weapons We Use, Part II
- A New Way to Live
- A Mind Like Christ
*Designed for use if you will be doing this study on your own or with your group and is used with the Get Out of Your Head Video Study (9780310116394), sold separately. Streaming video access included.